[Gpdd] Health Patches

peggy hamlin peggy-hamlin at sbcglobal.net
Sun Sep 16 13:05:09 EDT 2007

First I want to say thanks to everyone who sent helpful info and get well wishes. Everyone is so nice and helpful. Patches still has his noisy nose. I have been giving him 0.6ml of Sudafed for 3 days also putting Vicks Vapor rub on his nose and haven't noticed any change.He has been the best boy, when it comes to taking his medicine. He doesn't like the smell of Vicks. I agree with him. lol He tries to hide his head, so I can't get it on his nose and then he tries to wipe it off on our necks. How long should I give this to work? He is still eating and pooing fine. Someone sent me a message about diuretics, and I can get this, but was wondering if I should give it while giving the Sudafed. I have listened to his lungs and I don't hear any wheezing or clicking. Just the snotty nose sound. He has always been a heavy breather. The only thing new is the noisy nose.
  I am home all day so I keep a close eye on him. Just concerned about the noisy nose as he seems fine, every other way.   Do they get allergies like people? Maybe its the ragweed. It is in season here in Kansas.
                               Thanks to eveyone. Peggy and the Zoo