[Gpdd] ANNOUNCEMENT: Hello Lynn

Lynn Williams jaaladog at bellsouth.net
Wed Sep 19 13:44:05 EDT 2007

Hi Joan,

First, pleas let me apologize for taking so long to answer.  Without going into too much detail... I had surgery on my right hand at the end of July and ever since then, my middle finger has been swollen, stiff and very painful.  Now, it looks like I am going to have to have further surgery in order to fix the problem.  At any rate, it makes it very painful to type, so my answers and posts my be intermittent until it is repaired.\

Yes, I bought Sammy and Tabby at a pet store.  I did not even know about shelters and rescues until I had already bought them.  Oops!  But they don't seem to have mites.  No scratching, and will allow me to hold them and they play together *CONSTANTLY*!

Of the two, Sammy is the larger.  She is a beautiful calico patterned girl and probably weighs about 10 - 12 oz.  I really don't know how old she is but I think it is relatively young, because she seems to still be growing. She is short haired and very silky feeling.

Tabby is the smaller of the two, weighing around 8-9 ounces, but is growing fast and almost  as large as Sammy now.  She has a white body with a little dark brown mask around her face then a wide band of coffee colored hair then a circle of white that looks like a collar around her neck then a little more coffee then she is white from there down and has some brown on her haunches and one back foot is black and one is brown.  She has little swirls of hair all over her that sometimes lay down and sometimes curl or stand up.  The one on her head brings to mind the character in "Our Gang" named Alfalfa.  It is funny!  I'm going to try to get hubby to take  a pic when he gets in tonight, while they are playing in their playpen.

You mentioned a product to treat mites.  Is that available anywhere besides a vet?  I had read on the guinea links page that mites are only treatable by a vet, and then it takes 3 injections.   I'd love to know more about it so I will have some on hand if the need arises.

Meanwhile, they are both adorable and I am enjoying them.  Tabby is not biting as much and I look back now and think it was just curiosity and testing the limits..

I have a couple of more posts I want to reply to because I do have a new question to ask about Samantha.

Thanks for the welcome and I am really enjoying reading, even if I can't answer on a regular basis.

Winks and wheeks,

Slaves Lynn, Earl, Samantha &  Tabitha