[Gpdd] announcements-New member

Teresa Hummel teresah81 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 19 14:31:24 EDT 2007

Hi, I"m not exactly a new member. I was a member a few years ago and unsubscribed when my poor Lexi crossed the bridge. I decided to bring 2 little girls into our family again and so I came back.

First off is my beautiful abby named Willow. She is a 2 year old fat girl that I took in. She is from a classroom where she lived most of her life on cedar shavings, being put into a excercise ball and tortured by little kids. She was given up because the teacher told me "none of the kids wanted to take her home over summer break, and she didn't want to" . Even with her horrible past life, she is the sweetest pig I've ever met!

And than came the new baby. She is a 6 week old black & brown silkie that I just got from a person that "accidently" had a litter. Unfortunately, the owner was not educated on guinea pigs and never seperated her from her brothers so I MIGHT have a pregnant sow on my hands. I couldn't leave her with these people so I took her. She is an amazing pig also and VERY calm for a pig. Willow didn't even know what she was when I brought her in the house and started screaming and popcorning around the cage when the baby answered her wheeks. She is STILL standing at the side of her cage trying to figure it out. They'll meet in 2-3 weeks (unless she is pregnant) and than it'll be after the babies are weaned.

I know its not good for a 6 week old to be pregnant and I know the dangers but if anyone can give me tips on making this alittle bit easier for her or what I should do, I am TOTALLY open to advice right now. I do have a lot of experience with pigs but not with pregnant 6 week olds. I'm so glad to be back and I cant wait to hear all the stories and information again!
Teresa