[Gpdd] BEHAVIOUR Leaving the hutch in......

Maren Fouts magbfouts at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 12:10:44 EDT 2007

I, personally, think it depends on the personality of the pig.  It's for the
slave to decide what's best.

I think, in order to not overload the new pig, leaving a pigloo or hutch in
for a couple of days is a good thing.  After that, if the slave deems it
appropriate, take out the hutches, but I would put a towel clipped to the
corner of the cage so they have a place they feel more secure without
actually hiding out.  I think this method works very well.

This way a pig begins to get used to the routine, smells, etc of a new
household while still feeling secure.  Why make it more scared than
necessary?  Then, once it feels a little more comfortable, take the hutch
out.

Just my 2 cents.

Piggy Kisses,
Maren and Charlie