[Gpdd] HEALTH A question about Ivermectin

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Fri Sep 21 05:33:59 EDT 2007

Here's something that we can all join in and help.

Joan has forwarded to me an email that she received from new member Lynn, about mixing one's own Ivermectin, after she read up about this on GuineaLynx.

As some of you know, I can buy my Ivermec, ready to use, in convenient dropper bottles from my Rodentologist but, following a discussion about this some time ago, these do not seem to be available in other countries.

So, will you all please post and tell Lynn where you buy your Ivermec and if you mix your own, exactly how it is done?

Lynn, Joan is right. I treat all of my piggies with Ivermectin as a preventative every three months and any new arrivals get a dose straight away. A piggy suffering from mites will probably need three doses, 7-10 days apart. I keep a chart so that I know who is due for a dose.

Thanks everyone,

Penny and the Piggyfriends, thankful that the chart is now complete for this session.