[Gpdd] MISC- allergic to cavies

Jaime rzm.2 at juno.com
Fri Sep 21 20:03:09 EDT 2007

  With all the piggies I have ever held, no matter what the breed, wherever their feet touch me, I get an itchy rash. If they should happen to scratch me, I break out in hives. I have heard before that this is most likely from urine on their feet & the person being allergic to the urine. I don't know if that is true or not. I just put up with it. I wash my hands & arms & neck after I hold them & if I itch I put hydrocortisone cream on it. I love my piggies too much to care about a few hives or itching! I can see where it may affect some people to the point where they wouldn't want a piggie because of it. Has your friend tried wearing long sleeves? That way at least her arms will be safe & maybe she can wash her hands right away & that would help. C-ya!

~Jaime~
~Mimi & the mini "Mimi's" +
~Molly, Radar & Albert always in our hearts~
http://piggiepages001.blogspot.com/