[Gpdd] MISC- questions about Mimi

Jaime rzm.2 at juno.com
Sat Sep 22 13:48:11 EDT 2007

 Hi! I have 2 questions about Mimi:
  1st, she is a sneezy piggie. She has been since we brought her home. However, she has no discharge from her eyes or nose & her breathing sounds clear. She is bright eyed & has a healthy appetite & seems otherwise healthy other then she sneezes about 10 times a day. I've had other piggies that sneezed occasionally, but not everyday, several times a day. Sometimes she even sneezes more then 1 sneeze at a time. I don't think it's a URI. Could she just have allergies? And if she does, is it safe to give her Benedryl while she's nursing? Also, does anyone know what dose of Benedryl would be safe to give to her if she can have it? I did tell Lori from the Humane League & the Humane League's vet admitted that his knowledge of piggies is kind of limited, so she said if we need to, we can take her in to see Dr. Hall (the vet we use to treat our piggies). I hate to make her take that trip because she is stressed as it is from being a new mom.
  Also, her nails need trimmed, which would normally be no biggie, but she has jet black nails & I don't know how to trim them. You can't see the quick at all. I terrified to trim them for fear that I will hurt her. They really need trimmed bad too. Any suggestions on how to do this? I could, again, take her in to have them done, but I don't want to stress her.
  Any advice would be appreciated.
  Also welcome to all new piggies & people & condolences to anyone who has lost their piggie. I am kind of behind on my digests because of taking care of all our piggies right now! Thanks!
  Oh, sorry, 1 more thing, if I have to take her in for any of this stuff, is it better to leave the babies at home, or should I take them all together, so it's less stressful for her & them? Thanks again!

~Jaime~
~Mimi & the mini "Mimi's" +
~Molly, Radar & Albert always in our hearts~
http://piggiepages001.blogspot.com/