[Gpdd] Behavior: Saga of two biting pigs

Lynn Williams jaaladog at bellsouth.net
Tue Sep 25 00:08:57 EDT 2007

 Thank you Alg and Wilson, for your contribution to the biting saga.  Allow
me to update you.  My friend gave her girls a bath at the same time, cleaned
their cage out prior to this then dried them both off an sprayed them both
with perfume. I personally thought that was a bit much but it was too late
by the time I heard about it.  They went into the cage together that first
night and huddle together four comfort. No biting, no fighting.  Sara left
poor little Hannah alone... until.... the next day, she was right back at
it, biting her and pushing her out of the hutch.  Very aggressive is our
Sara!  I told Mary the only other thing I can figure is she is just being
very territorial and to protect Hannah, she is going to have to separate
them.  The problem is though, Sara is even biting Mary now when she holds
her and has started drawing blood.  I don't know what else to tell her.  I'm
trying to get her to weight until the mite treatment I ordered comes in and
I am going to share both that and the info I have learned from some of you
on how to apply it.  If *that* isn't the problem, I don't know what else to
suggest.  I'm racking my brain but I am afraid that if Sara does not stop
this behavior, they will be finding a new home for her and I really hate for
that to happen.

If any of you have any other good ideas, I'd love to pass them on to  my
friend Nary.

My issue with Tabitha is pretty much resolving itself after reading so many
posts on here about how it could be natural for her, since she is a baby and
not to make a whole lot of it unless it gets agressive.  This afternoon, she
was on my shoulder and started nibbling on my ear, which immediately gave me
goosebumps but then, she reached up with that little  nose and huffed a big
huff in my ear.  Hoo Weee!  That  had my skin on my scalp crawling, shivvers
running all over my neck andthe skin on my arms looking like chicken necks
after they've been pluckd, I swear  I had to laugh though.  It was too funny
and really startled me!   As usual, here are acting wild and crazy, which is
how we like it!!  Right girls?

Winks and Wheeks and cuddles to all!
Lynn , Samantha & Tabbbbbbbbbbitha