[Gpdd] Fw: (CARE) piggy with broken or paralyzed back

warmbreath imwarmbreath at netscape.com
Tue Sep 25 04:35:26 EDT 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: warmbreath
To: Glynis at garnay.com.au
Sent: Tuesday, September 25, 2007 1:34 AM
Subject: (CARE) piggy with broken or paralyzed back

Dear Glynis

3 things

1.Just a double check as I know little of the piggies circumstance, except you said it was recent. I would immediately start supplementing VIT C, the human chewable type is fine, this has been reported many times in this list as a cure, make sure the piggy is getting guinea pig pellets, not rabbit pellets Rabbit pellets don't have VIT C added, and make sure the pellets are not more than 6 months old, if the date of manufacture is not noticeable she should throw them out and get a fresh date batch

2, Some pigs have been diagnosed with broken backs, that have repaired them selves after 2 or more weeks of careful handling and Vit C of course

3 Since she is in the UK she might contact Vedra at the Cambridge Cavy Trust,she is quite an expert.

3. Join a list for Rabbits called etherbun and comb their archives for info on these carts, but don't post piggy questions outright, they have a huge list and keep it to bunnies
Best regards,
Sandy.