[Gpdd] Behavior: Saga of two biting pigs

joan fagalde momcat1000 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 25 10:48:45 EDT 2007

Hi Lynn.  The two piggies - I'm betting that they do have mites.  Tell your friend no more baths until the mites have been treated.  I've read many accounts where the water and bathing process seems to irritate the mites and make it even harder on the piggy.

  What kind of cage does your friend have?  Is it a large enough C & C cage?  (www.cavycages.com) What she might consider doing, if the cage is large enough, is putting a divider between the girls for the time being.  That way they can still be together but not hurt one another.  She definitely needs at least two of everything, water bottles, food dishes, hideys.  That should cut down on some of the "hogging" that goes on.  When the mites are gone she can try introducing them again.

  Yes, Tabitha is just a baby testing her world.  Lady Bug still tests anything new with her teeth even after all these years.  Tabitha's actions on you is so cute.  She's just settling in and letting you know that she's beginning to trust you.

  Joan, slave to The Lady Bug