[Gpdd] Health: scabby Dunya

Mieke Staaks pandameisje at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 05:56:47 EDT 2007

Hi all,

As you might remember me and Dunya went to the vets some time ago, because
Dunya had bald patches under her chin and also had scabs.
The vet said he did not find any mites under the microscope, it also wasn't
an abcess, so it would probably be caused by scraping against something
often.
I treated her and the rest of the girls for mites, just in case. This did
not seem to give any improvement. Yesterday I checked her again and she
still had the balding patches and scabs.
We tried to get a close look at it. She did not like it at all trying to
wiggle out of our grip. It looks a bit like dandruff flakes, hairs seemed to
come of easily and some flakes/patches of skin had a black dot in the
middle.
I guessed it was a fungus, and did some research, reading and looking at the
pigtures on guinealynx fungus page confirms my guess.
So I will shampoo Dunya and rest of the girls as soon as I have the time.
And if that does not work I will probably try to get my hands on some
Ivamerol (for horses, dogs and such) or Nizarol shampoo (active ingredient
ketoconazole, but you can only get this in holland when you have a docter's
prescription).

I feel kind of bad, because Dunya has already had this for quite some time
but the vet did not diagnose her with fungus...
But I hope the shampoo wil clear it all up soon. Luckily I just got the
coconutNeem melt from gorgeous guineas from my sister Janneke. I hope that
does the trick, otherwise we will have to move to stronger steps...

Please keep my girl in mind,
Many wheeks scabby Dunya and Lotje and Guiny
slave Mikey

pandameisje at gmail.com
pandameisje at hotmail.com
m.staaks at pecoma.nl