[Gpdd] HEALTH: Piggie Allergies

Shauna Osteen shauna1313 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 12:54:50 EDT 2007

Hello,
 I wanted to respond (late of course!) to the question about Mimi's possible
allergies. One of my little guys Quentin has been a sneezer since we brought
him home. As long as there is no discharge from her eyes or nose you should
be fine without any medication. Quentin was getting benedryl daily for a
while, but that came to an abrupt end when I had an emergency appendictomy
recently. Now he only gets it if he is having a really bad sneezing day or
if he has a runny nose. The only time I get too worried about Quentin is if
he is more quiet than usual or his appetite changes. We usually monitor him
closely if he does this. He tends to get secondary infections because he has
a runny nose so often. The big sign he needs to see a vet asap is if his
eyes start getting crusty. The other thing that helps Quentin quite a bit is
an air purifier. I have had good luck with an inexpensive Hamilton Beach air
purifier I found on Amazon.com. I just put it right next to his side of the
cage. He also is on towels and fleece. His hay is the only indoor problem
left for him, but we can't take that one away! Anyway I hope this helps.
Healing wishes to all the sick piggies out there.

Shauna, Proud Piggie Parent of Quentin and Miss Zeussy, as well as Momo
waiting at the Bridge