[Gpdd] Health: Vets and $

Algernon07 at aol.com Algernon07 at aol.com
Fri Sep 28 03:11:37 EDT 2007

Wow, Joan. $3000!!
      I do understand better now when you say that vet care is not cheap. I
overlooked the fact that the best facilities do have to charge to cover their
state of the art equipment. I guess I wasn't factoring that in. Still though,
it is possible to "luck out" and find a good intuitive experienced vet that is
good. Remember Jim -- had the runaway pig and the pig that bit his thumb once
while Jim was dealing with his impaction problem? He had a vet that removed a
bladder stone and charged him something like $35.00. Amazing.
     To be sure, that's one story in a thousand perhaps.
     I guess the other side of what I was saying is that just because a vet
is expensive, doesn't necessary make him or her exceptionally good. But,
admittedly, good equipment, etc., does help identify the real problem and it IS
expensive.

     The Jolly Rodents send their regards to the Lady Bug. We saw pictures of
her tonight at the Winky Girls calendar/photos site. She's a honey!

All best,
Alge and the Jolly Rodents, Chester and Charlie