[Gpdd] Announce: There's a New pig in town!!! Introducing...

leah.mcneil at wachovia.com leah.mcneil at wachovia.com
Sun Sep 30 20:11:19 EDT 2007

Princess Snowflake!!!

Oh Slaves, I am one Happy slave right now. :-)
This morning, Blaine and I got to the shelter around
10:15am and we visited with the little girl. Blaine fell
in Love with her too. I knew he wouldn't be able to
resist. I also fed all of the bunnies because most of
them were completely out of food, which kind of pissed
me off. I couldn't put in my application until the shelter
opened (at 11am), so I took Blaine home so he could
get the last of his stuff, eat lunch, and then head to the
airport.

So, I came back to the shelter around 11:45am or so
(we only live 10 min away). I wanted to wait a while
because there was a big crowd of peope outside before
the doors opened. So, I put in my application, which I
thought was not as comprehensive as it probably
should have been--the application itself, that is--but I
was on a mission, so I filled it out and kept my mouth
shut about about the crappy application. Afterwards, I
told the front desk workers that I would have to come
back for her because her area wasn't ready and being
that she is a Princess, she would most likely expect
her room to be ready when she got home.

So, I went to Petco and bought some CareFresh Free
(the white, less dusty stuff). And I bought some timothy
pellets too. Those are the only things I didn't have on
hand at the house. Then, I get home and clean up the
cage some more. The night before (Saturday), I had
already brought the cage in from the garage and poor
Blaine had to put the stand together for me at 11:00pm.
I'm using the Marchioro 120 (large) cage. Princess S
is not going to be a free-range piggie because I had
to agree to that to get Blaine to budge. And I'm not
keeping her on towels because it's just too much work.
I also had to agree to not let the piggie take over our
house like BB & BS did. Oh, and I had to agree to not
become Psycho over this piggie--I don't know why I
had to agree to that, can ya'll think of a reason??? ;-)

So, then I cleaned the travel cage and off! I went to pick
up the Princess!

The Princess was very comfortable in the car on the way
home and she pretty much ate her timothy hay the whole way.
She was confiscated from the previous owner(s)  because
they abandoned her. Idiots. They were renting a trailer in a
trailer park and they moved out...and left their 3 hamsters
and 1 guinea pig behind. Errrrrrrrrrr. Stupid people.

In the Animal Shelter's comuter system, they said that she
was about 1 year old. But, I don't know, she seems rather
small. I weighed her & she only weighs 1 lb/13 ounces (1.8 lbs).
She's got quite the appetite though. And she's a good water
drinker too. She doesn't seem to be very nervous about
her new surroundings, but she is a little shy. She is all white
and has these big, beautiful grayish-blue eyes. I think she's
an Abyssinian mix because her hair is wild like that. So, I'm
gonna have to work with that wild hair so she'll be good
to the camera. :-) I'll be working on a website (of course)
this wheeek so that I can give her a proper introduction.

Well, I gotta get back downstairs and check on my little
Cottonball.

I am soooooooooo EXCITED!!!!!!

       Love 'n Wheeeeeeeeeeps,
            Leah...Slave to Princess Snowflake :-)