[Gpdd] HEALTH: Nails & how i solved the problem

jaaladog jaaladog at bellsouth.net
Sun Sep 30 23:34:39 EDT 2007

Hi all,

After reading many suggestions on here and  other guinea pages and looking
at (if you will excuse the expression) lots of different clippers, I finally
decided to try a very small pair of manicure scissors that I had in my kit.
I held the girls while Earl did each foot.  He only took a tiny little bit
off of each one for now and then we did put a piece of cinder block in their
cage below the 2 water bottles.  The block is only raised about 1 and 1/2
inches from the floor of the cage, so not too scary for them.  it is
probably 9 x 10" area that they can stand on and it really seems to be doing
the trick!!  Their nails are nowhere as sharp as they were and that's a
relief for sure!  Now, I can reach in the cage and find where they have drug
hay up onto the cement and are sitting on it. LOL  Like they don't have
enough room everywhere and anywhere else for the hay... they really are
willful sometimes, eh?  But they sure can make you laugh.  Earl has been
taking some cute pics today and after he d-loads them to the puter, I'll
send them along.  I *blush* now have more pics of my piggies than I do my
grandkids or nieces and nephews.  But, of course, they don't live with me
and the pics do so what are you gonna' do??  Grin

Samantha & Tabitha are wheeking a quiet, sleepy good night to you all.  They
had a very busy day outside and running around on our bar tonight.  More
adventures to tell you about tomorrow.

Wheeks & winks,,
Slaves Lynn, Earl and Samantha & Tabitha