[Gpdd] MISC: Cat and Piggy Interaction

Algernon07 at aol.com Algernon07 at aol.com
Tue Apr 1 00:14:49 EDT 2008

Hi Angel,
     I wish my kitty felt as friendly toward the piggies as your seems to.
Mine used to line up at feeding time (way way back when I gave each a bite of
romaine working down the line). Kitty, while not in a cage, lined up with them
and had to have his bites of romaine as well. (They had more than 1 bite each,
incidentally.)
     Now he gets kitty treats. The GPs get their 2nd salad of the day at
between 9 PM and 10:30 PM. If 10:30 rolls around and no one has had their 2nd
feeding, my cat begins to meow first going to my father (who is staying with me)
then to me until they are fed and he has his treats. But he does line up right
beside their cage.
     When I used to whistle for salad time his ears were were up and he was
on his feet as quickly as Chester's. Charlie was kind of shy in those days and
would wait for delivery before he'd scramble out to eat.
     My cat is different from yours, however. I think he acts purely out of
self interest. He used to sit on my lap while I was holding a piggy, and I
thought it so sweet -- until I saw photos of him. The look of pure disgust.

Alge, Charlie, Jolly Rodent and Captain Jack, aspirant