[Gpdd] [HEALTH] Ivermectin pourable/injectable - Lisa Stanley & the San Diego 12

Cazza177 cazza177 at ntlworld.com
Sun Apr 6 13:49:18 EDT 2008

Dear Lisa

I believe you were going to consider injection your gp's with injectable
ivermectin.  If you have never done this before, I suggest you ask a vet to
do this the first time and ask them to show you in detail study how they do
this.

Some gp's can react badly to injections as it is a shock to them, but also
they have very thick skins, so a needle to get through that has to be a
pretty heafty one.  Another risk is if there is an air pocket in the fluid
which you inject -- which can be agony if one is injected.  Also, you must
not inject mediciations (usually) into a vein or an internal organ.  If you
should hit either with the injectable ivermectin, your gp could be in
serious trouble.

I choose to ivermectin my own gp's but not by injection.  You could do this
either orally or using external drops (that are dropped onto the fur), and
these two options would probably be safer than injection, especially if you
have not ever injected a gp before.

Hope the above is of use.

Kind regards

Carole