[Gpdd] [Care] Litter Training

Donna lsdmg at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 7 05:43:02 EDT 2008

Hi all,

Abby is always going to the toilet in her pigaloo where she spends most of
her time as well as sleeping. This concerns me a bit because it cannot be
healthy despite me cleaning her regularly. Has anyone had experience on how
you train a guinea pig to use a litter tray? and what I can safely use
without the risk of Abby eating what I use for litter?

Poor Abby recently lost her friend Helga which was sad for us all but has
bought us all closer together as I spend a lot of time keeping her company
now. I don't know what Helga died of as she displayed no signs of illness
but was always a very lazy guinea pig so didn't excersize as much as Abby
does. She was 4 years old so I assume maybe old age took her combined with
her inactiveness? Abby seems fine though and after an initial mourning
period she is back to her old self tearing around the place and bossing my
boyfriend around!

Thanks,
Donna and Abby