[Gpdd] MISC - Rocky update

Suzy Dünser suzy at dunser.com
Tue Apr 8 06:24:57 EDT 2008

Hi all,

I just thought I'd let you know, Rocky seems to be doing fine. If he's
missing Cocoa at all, he isn't showing it - he's eating happily, and
makes little noises when we come to give him his food and when he's
going around checking out the cage after I've cleaned it. He's still
trying hard to avoid being picked up, but he's not fussed once he's
caught - today he was eating a piece of grass when I snuck up on him,
and he resumed chewing even before I'd gotten him onto my shoulder! I
hate to say it, but I think he may be enjoying the freedom of being
his own boss - Cocoa was definitely the alpha pig. We've moved his
cage so he's on the deck near the bunnies - he can see them from where
he is, and if he comes up to the top level he can also see through the
window into the kitchen. Also now he gets some sun in the mornings
(although I'm not sure if he actually likes that so much - do guinea
pigs usually like sun?). So we'll see how we go, but for now, so far,
so good...

Cheers and wheeks from
Suzy and Rocky
and Cocoa in our hearts