[Gpdd] HEALTH: Question about Shilintong

VERNON LEE SMITH janelle300 at q.com
Thu Apr 10 18:33:39 EDT 2008

Hi Stacy,

I give my gp two Shilintong tablets a day for maintenance.  I had another gp that developed a bladder stone on two tablets a day, so I gave her three a day.  The stone was half the size in a month and gone in 2 months.

Most people say it makes the urethra more flexable so the stone can pass.  But with my pigs, it actually dissolved the stones.  Shilintong works for some gp's but not for others.

You might try mixing it with some type of juice like Martha said.  I crush it, damper a piece of lettuce, sprinkle it on, then roll it up like a burrito.  Hold it while they eat it or the powder will fall off.  Also put a napkin under their chins because, yes, it does stain!!

I was told not to give carrots to bladderstone pigs.  I was also told that dark leafy green lettuce was bad.  But I figure the Shilintong off-sets the Romaine that I put the Shilintong on.  I've tried putting it on other fruits/veggies but they just won't eat it.

Let us know how things go.

Janelle