[Gpdd] [HEALTH] Fireball might need his tooth pulled

Anderson, Jocelyn M jocelynm at umich.edu
Fri Apr 11 16:34:57 EDT 2008

Hi piggies and people,

I'm afraid I've yet another question about my fuzzy orange piggy Fireball. Fireball went into the vet today to have his teeth looked at, as I noticed one of his teeth had a brown spot and he was drooling. The vet found an abscess on his neck while checking out his teeth. She said that abscecss needed to be lanced and that she might have to use anaesthetics. I was concerned about the anaesthetics, so she said she'd try lancing without it first. It went okay, as Fireball is a very brave piggy. Right now he's laying some on towels by himself to allow the wound to drain. The fridge is well stocked with piggy veggies to help him feel better.

He'll be going back on Tuesday to see how things are going. The vet said that there's a good chance that she might have to remove one of his bottom teeth, and that that will require anaesthetics. I'm pretty nervous.  She did say that they'll keep watch over Fireball for the next few hours after surgery to make sure he's doing okay. Anything else I can do?

Thanks,
Jocelyn, Fireball the Fat, Little John, and Flashbang Fatbottom