[Gpdd] HEALTH Piggy that drinks a lot.

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Wed Apr 23 14:12:11 EDT 2008

Grace,

Although heavy drinking can be a symptom of diabetes, this would need to be coupled with weight loss and failing eyesight to warrant a visit to the vet.

Some piggies just do drink a lot of water. Most of my mine hardly ever drink, getting all the fluid that they need from their juicy veggies and fruit. A piggy that eats a lot of pelleted food is likely to want to drink more.

My rodentologist has come across piggies who have become accustomed to drinking a lot due to boredom. Some piggies play with their water bottle and spill most of the water on their cage floor.

If your piggy is in good health otherwise, I would not worry.

Penny and the Piggyfriends.