[Gpdd] Care: Re: fleece in cages

Suzy Dünser suzy at dunser.com
Sat Apr 26 02:42:41 EDT 2008

Hi Joanne,

I have a C&C cage with a top floor and bottom floor (and, ahem,
mezzanine). I put fleece on everything (top, mezz, ramps) except the
bottom floor, and once a week I chuck it all in the washing machine.
It seems to stay dry, or at least dry out pretty quickly. That said,
Rocky (and Cocoa, when he was here) spends most of his time downstairs
in the hay*, so maybe he doesn't pee much up there. He does have a new
house upstairs, and he's been sleeping in there more, and pooping, but
it still doesn't seem to be wet. It's only two layers thick, though; I
suppose if you made it really plush it might take more time to dry.

I hope that helps a bit!

Cheers and wheeks from Suzy and Rocky
and Cocoa in our hearts

*this is where I confess why I have fleece (apart from traction on the
ramps) - under the hay downstairs are pine shavings, and even though
they seem dry and don't smell much to me, I'd read varying things
about them, so I wanted to make sure the piggies had an alternative!
But apparently there's enough hay on top of the shavings that they
don't mind.