[Gpdd] [ Misc] Friends of Guinea Pigs

warmbreath warmbreath at comcast.net
Sat Aug 2 01:35:39 EDT 2008

Absolutely, I stayed with the group when I had to find new homes and rescues
for the last of my Penny Giggles, because of my recent departed sons drug
antics that left me almost homeless, for a year I lived in a one room rescue
myself, now I have a small apartment and after another year and a half got
my Manny the Boar, so I was on the list for 21/2 yrs pigless.  Had I not
remained on the list I would have gone stark staring nuts. Even in this
apartment I didn't have money for a car or cable TV, no antenna, I got 4
channels on rabbit ears. I had a $10/mo dialup internet  and a single phone
line that with a low income discount gave me access to the GPDD and my
friends there and thank goodness for that, I have now turned 62  so I got
early Soc Sec retirement and now have an income and got a cable, Manny will
get fixed, and he will get a roommate. So He and I are both rescues and we
are very grateful for the GPDD. I never thought there would be a question,
the GPDD is for piggie lovers, most of whom have piggies, at least that's
how I interpreted it and again very thankful. Why would we want to lose
knowledgeable friends who have plenty to contribute and want to stay current
till they are again pigged.
I think that is why I inappropriately sounded off earlier about our good
member who has several piggies and hopes for babies. I should know that all
of you with several to many pigs wont get into the same mess I did, but I
did do my level best to get them all placed and safe.
Sandy and Manny the Boar, no longer needing rescue