[Gpdd] MISC My heartfelt apologies and thanks

warmbreath warmbreath at comcast.net
Sat Aug 2 11:24:39 EDT 2008

I am very sorry I yelled at you for having several piggies when your little
Teddy Teef is facing a trial and you with him, and the fact it is, it is
your right and your choice, and you have rescued him!  And it has been
rightly pointed out that many of our most respected and marvelous members
have herds of piggies, even our now departed Peter Gurney, had so many he
was always in trouble with the authorities, he is now at the bridge himself,
a mythic member, and role model of our group. It was the combination of my
still sorely missing, the most loved Penny Giggles that I  had to give up
after 5 years of  happy healthy years together. the loss of almost
everything I hold dear, and an ill thought out reply than was based on my
mistakes, not any one else here, So I offer my most heart felt apology and I
beg forgiveness from the finest friends a person could ever have.

You may have seen the recent post where Alge announced that my drug addicted
son, 38, as of Aug 1, has just a week ago died of overdose. Caring for him
caused me the loss of almost everything including my dearest Piggies
although I was able to find placements, and rescues but it broke my heart
and there is a hole there forever for my lost piggies, my lost son. He spent
4 years on his own after I lost my home, getting many more services because
of his addiction than I did as having tried to help him. He was  even  going
to college completely free. Before my son left me, there were 2 other
children who left earlier to escape his poisonous influence, my older
daughter with borderline mental retardation, whose handicap allowed her
attitudes to be easily shaped by the addict, who cast blame anywhere it
would stick to keep him from looking bad, and my youngest son, now 23 who
was born with a traumatic brain  injury caused from a prenatal stroke,
called hydrocephalus, and is controlled with a shunt which is subject to
failure every few years, unannounced and life threatening.  Rob, the one who
died, was the only normal child of the three, had robust health, a wonderful
sense of humor, unwavering loyalty to his friends and sister but he was very
jealous of Ryan, making life more difficult for my precious Ryan.

So it all came together with your message, and all I could see was piggies
who could be in peril at some unknown point in time when unforeseeable
events occur that cause the piggies to loose their home, much less the 2
legged residents. My  2 sober children have not forgiven me for expending so
many resources trying to save the addicted one, so I lost more than Alge
revealed as now it has become clear not even my other children will forgive
me at this point, a beg you to accept me still, I promise my best efforts
every time and no flames ever.

So that's my story, so many of these events and facts all came together at
this particular point in time and your email just made me see it happening
all over again to me actually, but with real concern for yourselves and your
piggies. But I wish to offer my sincere apologies to you, and Teddy Teef. I
wish him a quick and painless recovery and if not that then his caring slave
parents to bring him along as quickly as possible. As bad as my situation
has been I had no right to impress it onto you, and many people in this
world have not near the advantages I have had . Of course no sentient being
can resist baby piggies, I always have recommended at least pairs if not
three to a group if really ample space allows, in case one is lost there is
at least 2 buddies to console each other in their piggie way

And the same  apology to our many fine members who do  have a herd of
precious ones, and who pour their energies and love into their marvelous
care. These are many of the same wonderful people who absolutely flooded my
inbox with condolence notes of love and wishes for peace and acceptance, and
they still come daily. Piggie people are the best, and well we should be as
whee are trained well by our perfect little charges. These notes from all of
you to me are the bulk of all the support I received about my son's death
and they have given me the perspective to see that I stand at a crossroads
where I can put old bitterness aside and start a new happier life, I cant
thank you enough for that, it came from no other quarter. So please all
here, including  and especially Teddy Teefs parents, my dear friend Alge,
the Administrators', and all of you that have given me this vision and
support, the strength to step onto a new path. I can't bear the idea that I
have repaid you all with an ugly gut level response, you deserve much
better,  I thank you all from the bottom of my heart, and promise next time
I feel such a thing I will sit on it at least overnight to make sure any and
all responses are as kind as the people on this list.
Thank you all, and please, please forgive me, you have helped me so much I
will never forget your generosity of sprit and pen
Sandy and Manny the Boar  who is looking for a very young companion Boar