[Gpdd] RAINBOW BRIDGE: SCAMP Scarecrow has departed

warmbreath warmbreath at comcast.net
Sat Aug 2 18:37:01 EDT 2008

Dear Debbie and the 10 Dolly Mixtures

You are a saint to have rescued all those bound for death little piggies. I
had this happen to me to as my Penny Giggles started to age and some passed
silently as did  your little Scarecrow did last night. I shall light my
piggy candle and say my bridge prayer and marvel over the marvelous life
this little piggie had once snatched literally from the jaws of oblivion.
Bless you and her

When girl pigs age and  start to lose weight, they will sometimes increase
thirst and have hair loss on their flanks. If this is happening to any of
your girls, please know it is very often a hormonal problem having to do
with the deterioration of the female reproductive system and or loss of
natural hormones, slightly akin to menopause in women. Their are 2 remedies,
one is to supplement with specific hormones that I can no longer find the
reference to, and alternatively if the piggy is strong enough, a spay will
usually cure, although I am sure there are a small number of different
actual disease conditions in this syndrome you might call sow wasting
disease of aging. I know the particular meds were discussed on the GPDD some
6 or more years ago I have lost all my old hard disks with the info on them.
Does anyone else remember or is able to search back that far in the archives
or have the current info and treatment for this condition.

Also please note I have written some articles recently that have either
bounced or disappeared  as I have changed internet providers and I would
like to find  and repost them including my abject apology to the fine
members like Debbie who have large herds, that they can care fore and love ,
unlike the uncalled for and rude statements I made about a wheek ago. My new
address is warmbreath at comcast.net, I have turned in my new address but not
deleted my old one, hopefully it will sort out soon, so to anyone I hurt
please forgive me, you have all been so wonderful to me. Lets all get
together with our expert vets and archives and find out how to beat this
wasting disease
Sandy and Manny the Boar, grieving once again, now for little Skiggy