[Gpdd] MISC: Help?? possible piggy train IF I get piggy??

Algernon07 at aol.com Algernon07 at aol.com
Thu Aug 7 04:55:14 EDT 2008

Hi All,
     First fact: The 2 piggies that interested me in Columbus have been
adopted. Now, from there...
     I have found "my piggy," having been through all kinds of sites with
distance being a criteria, meaning I wanted to stay close to my own general area
-- SE Ohio to as far as the Columbus mid/central Ohio area with some radius
out from there. Of course THAT didn't happen and "my angel" pig is in a rescue
(terrible background that the little soul has endured) in Edinburg, PA 16116,
which is apparently, close to New Castle, PA. Mapquest hasn't been all that
helpful either, meaning "directions" don't look "simple." I need to dig out some
maps of my own. Apparently it's close to the Northeastern Ohio/Northwestern
Penn. State line. It's south of Youngstown. It's also nearly a 4 hour drive from
here one way. My portable oxygen tanks wouldn't get me there and back though
maybe I could get a small stationary tank from my 02 provider. (Back in the
old days always had one in my back seat -- seat belted in and all that of
course!) Then there's the A/C in my car. I could have it checked out and see if it's
just a matter of refilling coolant.
     Realistically, I don't think I can do it.
     Is there anyone who lives in that area and has a sense of what's where?
Edinburg, PA is slightly west of New Castle which makes it closer to the PA/OH
state line and easier to get to from Ohio. Is there a way of getting the
piggy part way to Delaware, Columbus or southeastern OH?
     And of course I still need to have my application approved but I'm not
too concerned about that unless someone else has picked him out first.
     If 2 or 3 or 4 of us could link up -- 5 even...
     I don't even really know how these piggy trains work. We've used my
place a couple of times for transfers in the past but that was because I was able
to direct both sets of people here.
     If this is the impossible dream, so be it. I will find a piggy. But if
any of you say, "Hey! This CAN be done and I know how!" please let me know. I
feel certain that if necessary I could manage 60 to 75 miles one way if I knew
where to meet-up. And we all need to keep temperatures and liquids (iceberg
letttuce?) in mind.
     Hating to ask but hoping there actually might be some relatively easy
way to get this little guy!   (His name is Chase and he was born in June.)

Waiting with bated breath,
Alge (and of course, Captain Jack)