[Gpdd] RAINBOW BRIDGE Teazel's story

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Thu Aug 7 16:35:37 EDT 2008

It is getting hard, writing all these obituaries. Here is little Teazel's story.

Teazel was unwanted by her breeder as, although she had perfect rosettes for an Abby, she had four colours in her coat, brown, white, black and grey. Apparently this is unacceptable for showing, something I know little about but the wonderful folk at Cavies' Castle were asked to find her a good home and she came home with me to be a Piggyfriend.

She fitted right in with one of my groups and was a delight to watch. A typical noisy bouncy Abby, always one of the first to climb the wire and shout for any vegetable that might be passing by, she never wanted to be a cuddle pig but loved to hurtle around her pen. When Lavender, another little Abby, joined her group, they would play together, jumping up onto the wine boxes that I use for sleeping compartments, running through the pipes and generally having a good time.

Last November, she had a sudden haemorrhage and was rushed off for emergency treatment, when it was found that she had some kind of mass. Sadly, this was inoperable but she continued to enjoy life right up until last weekend, when this mass obviously affected something else inside and she went off her food. She took a little syringe feed and nibbled half heartedly at some favourite leaves but I knew that the end was near. On Tuesday, she refused food altogether and was given lots of pain meds to keep her comfortable and she passed away peacefully at noon.

I miss her terribly. Lavender has no-one to bounce around with as her pen mates, Minstrel and Sapphire are older piggies, who are content to sit around eating and Lilac moved on to another pen with her friend Casanova. Maybe another bouncy piggy will come knocking on the door soon.

Teazel is buried right next to Pansy under that shady tree and I have a lot of name plaques to make to put over all those little graves.

Enjoy bouncing around at the Rainbow Bridge, dear little Teazel and find all the Piggyfriends past who are waiting there.

R.I.P. little friend.

Penny and the sad Piggyfriends.