[Gpdd] [HEALTH] Pneumonia

Glynis Robson Glynis at garnay.com.au
Fri Aug 8 00:36:02 EDT 2008

Our little guy was diagnosed with Low Grade Pneumonia on monday.  He's
gone thru heck in the past months, toofie problems etc..... arghhh it's
been a nightmare i tell you, it's not one week goes without him being
ill or not eating.
He's on baytril twice daily 0.4ml and he's taking it bless him much to
his absolute disgust....(you all know that look you get) he has to have
it for 2 weeks, so it's gonna be fun.
Nearly two weeks ago i thought we were going to loose him, he'd had the
usual full clean out on a saturday morning, then his food and then his
CC feed, i was about to go out in the afternoon and went as i always do
to say bye to him, he was facing the wall in the corner heaving and
looked really distressed......i pm'd some people i knew and who were
awake at the time and said i had some old baytril could i use that?
everyone agreed it was better than nothing, the vet said he's sure this
was his saviour and also i gave him some colic meds too as his pooops
were terrible almost runny :(
Once again my 6 1/2 young boy pulled thru, not sure how many times he
can do this, but for anyone else thinking of giving up with their sick
piggie or thinking there's no hope, KEEP TRYING.....it's so worth it.
I still get my cuddles 3 times a day when we do the CC feed, meds
etc.....they're the best and most relaxing times of the day.

Thanks for listening again
Glynis and Duke (in mem Sully) xxxx