[Gpdd] [GPDD] LAPS: Leonard the LAPS Piggy!

Corinne Webb cozwebb at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 8 16:37:02 EDT 2008

Hi every Slave and Everypig,

I don't post often, but I do look forward to reading my GPDD emails every day, and very much enjoy being part of this very special community.

I would firstly like to say how very sad I have felt, that so many of our precious Masters have gone to the Bridge of late.  To everyone who is grieving, I send my sincere condolences and am sending much love to you all.  I know only too well the emptiness and distress that you are feeling at present. I hope the pain eases soon, and the special, wonderful memories that you all have of your piggies, shine through to help you heal.  I am so very sorry.

I am also sending healing wheeks to all the poorly piggies, and love and strength to all their Slaves who are worried sick, and trying to do all they can, to get them well again.

I have some happier news to share with you all today; my beautiful 18 month old piggy Leonard Walter Shuttlecock, is ready to join LAPS!!  You may remember his antics at Duke's birthday celebrations in Oz, when he got over excited when popcorning and zooming around Glynis' front room, then came face to face with the Lady Bug's cane!! Bradley Pigg (Len's Bestest Guinea Friend and Housemate), still teases him about that.  Unfortunately, even though Brad is older than Len at over 4 years, he is much lighter at just over 1 kilo, so he cannot join LAPS. So when Brad teases Len about the 'cane incident', Len reminds Brad who's the heaviest Piggy in the house, and who has the loudest wheek!  Brad's response is usually to sit on Len's head just to remind him to be respectful of his Elderpigs!

Bradley has lost a lot of weight this year, as he has been through quite an ordeal. Our Rodentologists at Cavies Castle, discovered a mass in Brad's side during the 3 monthly check-up they carry out on each of my Boys.  So then, my wonderful Vet William carried out ultrasound, X-rays and a needle aspiration on the mass the next day.  Brad's spleen was enormous and needed to be removed immediately.  William did an amazing job, and combined with the fact that my Boy is a real fighter, Brad has made an amazing recovery.  I am (of course!) monitoring him closely, as Brad is also a Stone Pig and underwent surgery last year to remove a large bladder stone.  I've altered his diet and the type of water he has, to avoid reoccurrence - and fingers crossed - so far, so good.

Anyhow, I have now gone completely off topic, and I apologise for that!

I can't recall how to go about enrolling Len into LAPS, so if any Slave could help me, I'd appreciate it!

Sending love to Everypig and their Slaves

Corinne xx

With Bradley and Leonard xx (Spoiled and Pampered Piggies!)

Ian and Syawn xx (The Rescued Rats)

and Mindy x (The now 10 year old, Rescued, Ex-racing Greyhound)