[Gpdd] Rainbow Bridge - The Dowager Lady Pearl

staileys staileys at comcast.net
Tue Aug 12 18:09:16 EDT 2008

I have been so saddened lately with the loss of so many of our piggies,
especially Penny's three. I feel for all of you as it is as sad as loosing
one of your own.  Never did I dream that I, too, I would be adding to that
list myself; but I am.  Early this morning I lost the lovely Pearl - aka The
Dowager Lady Pearl and the other Loose Lady of D.C. - just 3 months after
loosing her companion Samantha.  I'm still in shock as this was totally
unexpected.  Pearl was not at all ill and was just fine last night when we
cleaned the cage. But when I went to give her a morning carrot, I found that
she had passed peacefully during the night. Pearl came to me nearly 5 years
ago (Sept '03)from Judi Lainer as a mate for my lonely boar Anakin after he
had lost his buddy of 5+ years, Dodger. Pearl and her son were found under a
bush in a VA park and turned over the MGPR. Pearl was around 6 months old at
that time. When Pearl and Anakin met, it was love at first sight. I can
still see them playing with each other that first day, running, rolling,
cuddling, so very happy with each other. They stayed by each other's side
until Anakin's passing 7 months later.  By then I had added Sami and Frodo
to my herd and Sami and Pearl paired up for the next 4 years.  After Sami
passed away last May, Pearl was sort of the odd man out in the cage.  Frodo
and my youngest piggie, Zoe, had paired long ago and although Pearl
interacted with them, it just wasn't the same. Because there was no
indication of illness, maybe Pearl just decided it was time to join Sami. I
know they are once again together over the Rainbow Bridge joining Anakin and
Dodger and their friends Sam and Rosie. I will miss her dearly but I take
comfort in knowing that she is with her friends.  You were a lovely, lovely
piggie, Pearl.

Sadly,
Laura Stailey and the remaining 2 Fluffernutters, Frodo and Zoe