[Gpdd] RESCUE: 360 animals confiscated in St. Louis. MO

Dana Felice dfhakes at aol.com
Wed Aug 13 14:51:27 EDT 2008

Missouri Humane Society just confiscated 360 animals, including 21 guinea
pigs.  This is their largest rescue ever.  The St. Louis chapter of the
House Rabbit Society is onsite to help with the rabbits and no doubt are
assisting with the guinea pigs.  At this point the shelter has asked for
money donations but if anyone is in a position to volunteer, you are welcome
to contact me and I'll get word to one of the rescue coordinators.  Please
DO NOT just show up.  There is a legal case pending and the shelter has to
follow strict procedures.  We had a terrible case here in Florida a few
weeks ago where 60 dogs were taken back to a puppy mill because of a simple
legal technicality.  Very heartbreaking because the shelter had spent
$100,000 on vet bills.

http://www.hsmo.org/m_animalabuse/8_12_08_Polk_County.php

Regards,

Dana Felice
Chapter Manager
Tampa Bay House Rabbit Society

Please check out our rabbit information at: <http://www.tampabayhrs.org/>
www.tampabayhrs.org

"It doesn't matter what the kids say. Rabbits are not disposable like a box
of cereal or a Disney video. They WILL get tired of the rabbits and go on to
the next toy. YOU will have to deal with the consequences. Unfortunately,
most people deal with the situation by DUMPING their rabbits on someone
else. Ultimately, it is the bunny that pays for your inability to say NO."