[Gpdd] ANNOUNCE - who is daisy?

Andrew a1.mills at portset.net
Fri Aug 15 13:30:16 EDT 2008

Daisy sounds cute, glad she's found a good home.  Just a couple of suggestions about her aggression.  Have you tried handling her outside the cage?  The behaviour you're describing sounds like cage aggression/territorial behaviour.  Try picking her up in something (cardboard tube, cup, etc).  Let her crawl out onto you and see if she'll let you touch her.  Some hamsters are cage aggressive and there's not much you can do about it, but if this is the case they're usually fine when they're away from the cage.  Even with hamsters I know I prefer to pick them up in something.  It's not always necessary but I just feel more comfortable doing it this way.  Keep us updated on her progress.