[Gpdd] Rainbow Bridge: Chester

Dawnda Stricklen dawndastricklen at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 17 22:20:17 EDT 2008

Ric

I am so sorry to hear about Chester. I know it is awful when they have teeth and jaw problems. I had to put my Teah to sleep because her jaw was fusing together and she could not eat enough to sustain her. Her mouth would not open up enough. We never figured out what caused the jaw to do that. She had a bad fight with another one of my guinea pigs and I think she fractured her jaw and made it start fusing together.  She, also, had a diabetic seizure once that could have done it too.
I am a dental assistant and I know it is very easy to fracture the jaw at the mandibular joint by opening the mouth too far.  We have a very cruel dentist in our area that has put several people in the hospital by doing this. I suspect that one of the vets did this while trimming the teeth. Of course, you cannot prove this but I would bet money on it.  I am sure they did not mean to do it if this is what happened. If not a vet, maybe Chester got in a fight or hit his jaw on the cage at some time causing the fracture.
I know it is a bad thing to think about. I send my deepest condolences to you for your huge loss. I hope you find comfort in your other piggies.

Dawnda Stricklen

http://dawndasticklen.tripod.com/

http://www.pigs9.blinkz.com