[Gpdd] ANNOUNCEMENTS: Monty's Final Journey

Sarah Sullivan rahsullivan at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 18 09:45:17 EDT 2008

Greetings to ALL Piggy Parents & Piggies. It is with great sadness that I have to announce that my dearest Pensioner piggy, Monty, made his final journey across the Rainbow Bridge in the early hours of August 1st/2nd 2008.  It was a peaceful, quiet and quick passing for which I am ever thankful. I'm aware this a belated acknowledgement BUT I needed a bit of time to adjust to life without my Monty-wig, especially now that there are more hours in the day.  Towards the end Monty had some 'special needs' and I needed to tend to him at least 4 times a day after his back legs became paralysed.  I used to rub Vaseline into his balding tummy & legs so he didn't get urine-scald from sitting in one place but he never complained.  In fact he seemed to enjoy the attention and it gave us a lot of special time for cuddles and under-the-chin tickles/rubs!!!!

I did used to wonder whether I should keep him in that semi-paralysed state BUT when I saw him out on the grass with Bertie and Scamp (his remaining 'brothers'), nibbling away and his little fuzzy face (he was a chocolate 'teddy' rex!) first thing every morning, anticipating his 'brekky' I just knew he was still enjoying life.

In fact Monty was outside with his friends on the Wednesday before he left us, enjoying the warm sunshine (shaded of course!) and sharing the wonderful green grass with Bertie and Scamp.  I have some wonderful photos of that day which I treasure, one of which I have used in my 'In Memory' tributes that I display in Casa Cavy - my Piggies home. During those last 3 months my Monty also achieved a piggy 'MIRACLE' on reaching his EIGHTH birthday on July 6th - he was just over 8yrs and 1 month when he crossed the Rainbow Bridge to join his MANY 'brothers' that had gone before him;  Little John, 'Dukey, Bramble-pig, Bob, Tommy, Tribble, Billy and a foster orphan called Gooseberry.

The 'Funky Pigs' (Monty, Tommy & Bramble-pig), as I used to call them, are reunited at LAST and, of course, Monty will have MANY more piggy-pals to frolic and nibble away with in those lush, green pastures where ALL of our little, passed friends have gone. Monty was an absolutely wonderful guy, as was his brother Tommy - both adopted via the UK TV show 'Pet Rescue' all those years ago.  I thank God that I was watching the show on the afternoon Monty and Tommy were offered for adoption because they both brought me so much love, fun and happiness.  I never anticipated sharing my life with dear Monty-wig for so long but how lucky am I to have experienced that - he will always hold a special place in my heart and memory, bless him.

That's all I can say about my Monty-wig in this short space but could wax lyrical about him, his friendships and antics for ages given the chance!  Anyhow, I'll finish my tribute now but I just wanted to acknowledge the passing of my special 'Pensioner Pig', Monty-wig - the 'Funkiest o' the Funky Pigs' as I used to call him!!!

Thanks for listening.
All the best to everyone and their dear piggies.
Sarah S.