[Gpdd] RAINBOW BRIDGE Condolences for Chester

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Mon Aug 18 14:39:41 EDT 2008

Ric,

I was so sorry to read your post about your precious piggy, Chester. He sounds like such a little character and I know that you are going to miss him very much. It is a consolation that you have many other piggies to care for and love. Whenever I lose one of my Piggyfriends, I am comforted by the presence of the rest of my piggy family, who don't give me the time for self pity.

I know of piggies who have suffered broken jaws as a result of a close encounter with a rabbit, when the latter has kicked out with his hind legs and the piggy has gone flying across the cage. My Gulliver was badly injured this way at his previous home but luckily no bones were broken, although he needed many stitches and weeks of syringe feeding.

I have also heard of piggies suffering at the hands of an incompetent or heavy handed vet, when having dental work done and I wonder if this could have been Chester's problem.

We are sending our most sincere condolences and loving wheeks at this very sad time.

Penny and the Piggyfriends.