[Gpdd] ANNOUNCE Piggyfriends - the next generation

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Tue Aug 19 11:03:59 EDT 2008

I hadn't intended to add to my herd of Piggyfriends so soon after losing my precious trio of girls but anyone who has a herd will know that extra piggies tend to turn up unexpectedly.

I had a call one evening from our rodentologists at Cavies' Castle. Although they insist that they are not a rescue, they often know of piggies needing good homes and those of you who read my Rainbow Bridge announcement about my Pansy, Teazel and Daisy may recall that there was a tiny boar waiting to be collected by his new slave when I was there with Pansy.

One of their clients breeds a few piggies and had a litter of Chocolate Dalmatians. You may know that to achieve this end one needs to breed a Choc Dalmatian to a Choc self as breeding two Dalmatians together will result in deformed babes. The resulting litter will, therefore, contain some dalmatians and some selfs and the little one that I saw was a self coloured babe, whose colouring looked to me to be more like that of a mink than chocolate ( but beautiful all the same ). This lady was keeping the Dalmatian baby boar with his father, when someone came along wanting to buy the father but didn't want the babe. This left her in a quandary so she called Cavies' Castle to see if they knew of someone who could give him a home. She knew that they would only offer him to someone that they trusted and that someone was me!

My mind was telling me that it was too soon to adopt another piggy and did I want to put myself through all that pain again but I found myself saying "Yes, I can collect him tomorrow". So much for willpower.

So he is here, a dear little 5 week old boar, who moves like greased lightning. During my drive to Hastings to pick him up, I was thinking of suitable choccy type names and had made a shortlist by the time that I arrived but when I saw him, he looked more of a silvery grey colour, rather like a dappled pony. All the choccy names were put on hold and I have been thinking of something more suitable. I always struggle with boys' names as my girls are often named for flowers or precious stones, most of which are too girly for a little boar.

So please welcome little Floyd Piggyfriend, called that for no other reason than I like the name.

Birdie, can you add him to my boar list please? Thank you so much for your card and sorry to make you change the slave list so soon. I'd love to have an updated list when it is ready.

Love and wheeks to all,

Penny and the Piggyfriends, delighted to have a new tiny friend.