[Gpdd] BRIDGE: Peppermint

Algernon07 at aol.com Algernon07 at aol.com
Tue Aug 19 22:55:54 EDT 2008

> Corrine,
>       You (like me and so many others) always feel that there was something
else we could have done. I don't think that throwing yourself into the mouth of
a volcano would help -- please try to be kind to yourself. It was the vets
who were unable to diagnose the problem or an inborn defect. Remember the
Algernon Theory of love and grief. They go together. Please try to be kind to
yourself. Realize that it was not your fault   but you can miss her and grieve for
her as much as you need. But it wasn't your fault.
     (I go thru this with every loss too -- I did best with Mr. Cooders
passing because I had him put to sleep before his pain could get worse. He had an
inoperable bladder stone. Doc. thought maybe - possibly, an infection too. And
I wanted to help him live! Beginning with the 3rd round of antibiotics, I
realized that the antibiotic wasn't going to cure anything. So I loved him, hugged
him, snuggled him and took him in And hugged and loved him as he wasput to
sleep. And it hurt terribly. (Hurt me -- I had him totally sedated first.) And
yet I felt that I had really loved him in the best way. Circumstances or hope
had made me wait too long in other cases.
     But I have digressed here. With the other Jolly Rodents I totally blamed
myself and still do. Its beyond reason. But my friends here at the GPDD
really helped me through each death. I have come to realize that death happens --
Ebeneezer WoollyBear was less than 2 years old when he left me. Actually, I had
him put to sleep too but there was that famous weekend thing in there and he
was suffering so after a misdiagnosis by the first vet.
     You Didn't do anything wrong. Death is simply a part of life!! Not easy
to live with, I know. Miss her terribly, grieve, but don't blame yourself!

My most sincere condolences,
Alge & Co.