[Gpdd] ANNOUNCEMENTS: The Surrey Squeakers are back (hopefully)

Stefanie Duffy stefanieduffy at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 22 09:46:20 EDT 2008

Hello everybody. We have been keeping up with your news over last few months but we have been unable to post due to VirginMedia's new super-improved webmail (huh). If any others of you out there use Virgin for your e-mail, the problem is (and this is where we try to sound like we know what we are talking about) that in the new version all the messages are html encoded and the facility to use plain text does not, and will not, exist. We have opened a new hotmail account and hopefully we can join in again.

We had a sad time a few months ago like the Piggyfriends did recently when several of us went to The Bridge in a short space of time. All the passings were completely unconnected, except that all of the piggies were quite old, but our slave was very distressed. She used to drive back from work and wonder how many of us would be left by the time she got home. We are 19 in number at the moment, the joint highest figure we have ever been. If any of you would like to see us, we have updated our website www.squeakers17.blinkz.com

We were very sad to hear of the passing of our dear LAPS president, Daisy. Orinoco, being her right-hand girl as vice president, was particularly sad at losing both a friend and a colleague. She is willing to put her name forward for Daisy's job, seeing as she knows the ropes, and would try very hard  to carry on Daisy's good work if elected.

We hope this post appears and our problems are behind us.

The Surrey Squeakers