[Gpdd] RAINBOW BRIDGE: belated condolences, Pansy, Teazel, and Daisy

Cindy calliope at geeksnet.com
Mon Aug 25 15:23:35 EDT 2008

Penny and the Piggyfriends, it was with much sadness that we read of your loss of three piggies.  Losing one piggie at a time is difficult enough, and we can only imagine how difficult this month has been for you.  Please accept our belated condolences.

We are so very sorry that Pansy developed labored breathing and perhaps had a heart attack in your lap at Cavies Castle.  Please find comfort in knowing that you took such good care of her and she of course had excellent care from your rodentologists.  Thank you for sharing the story of how she essentially named herself by looking just like the flower.  She was so lucky that you rescued her when she was dumped on a cold night outside a local shelter, and how sweet that she and her fellow rescue pig, Pearl, became such good friends with the elderly Poppy and probably extended her life.  How wonderful, too, that Pansy's good deed was returned to her when she was the last of the group and then was joined by Toffee and Crystal.  We know that she understood how loved she was, by both humans and piggies.  We are sorry that she was your last link to Miss Piggy, but please know that they are together at the Bridge.

We are so very sad that Teazel developed an inoperable mass in November and finally fell asleep for the last time.  It is wonderful, though, that she happily kept going for nine more months after her diagnosis.  Obviously she was having a wonderful time as part of your family and thoroughly enjoyed your excellent care and running around with Lavender, jumping onto the sleeping compartments and zooming through the pipes.  We have no doubt that she knew how lucky she was when you adopted her from the breeder and introduced her to the Piggyfriends.  Teazel certainly made the most of all of her days with you and felt all of your love.  We send best wishes to her pal, Lavender.

How sad, too, to read of Daisy's passing.  What a sweet description of her and her brother, Roscoe, as "tiny grey spiky pompons."  How lucky they both were that you saw the ad in the paper and adopted them.  It was obviously perfect timing for Nova to get a new friend after Squirrel had passed away, and how wonderful that Daisy took good care of Nova even after Daisy outsized her.  Very touching as well that she found new friends in Hope and Satin when Nova passed away.  We are so sorry that she had an inoperable tumor behind her eye, but it is a tribute to your care that she continued to thrive, didn't notice her eye problem, and never lost weight.  You definitely did the right thing in taking her home again to be with her friends in her last days.  Daisy was lucky to be so loved, and she did a wonderful job as LAPS president, hostess for Lady Bug's virtual birthday party, and security pig at the Olympigs.

Sadly,
Cindy, Tumbleweed, and Friday