[Gpdd] [RAINBOW BRIDGE] Condolences for Daisy, Pansy and Teazel Piggyfriend

debjonsara at aol.com debjonsara at aol.com
Tue Aug 26 11:03:19 EDT 2008

Penny and the Piggyfriends

Apologies for being so long overdue with this, but you will hopefully have read the reason. I was so sorry to hear of the departure for The Rainbow Bridge of Daisy, Pansy and Teazel. As you know, I am in a similar position to yours, with an ageing piggie population, and I know only too well how it is to lose several in quick succession. I have also lost four cats since Christmas, only two of whom were what I'd consider elderly. It never gets any easier, the grief, the sense of loss, the wishing animals could live as long as people .... . I know how it feels to be preparing less salads, seeing fewer little wheeking faces when one goes to feed them - it is the price we pay for having had the privilege of getting to know these special little furbies. I am just glad there are people like you who continue to take on piggies in distress, and offer loving homes to piggies who might otherwise have much shorter and less enriched lives. Like you, I have always said "no more piggies", in my case mainly because I do not have access to adequate vet care, and it is agony to watch an ailing piggie suffer without being able to get it to rodentologists like Chris and Titch - they are always at the end of the phone, and advise as much as they can, but diagnosis and treatment are not easy over the telephone, and a long cross-Channel journey is not really fair on a piggie who is already under the weather... . But, just as you were unable to resist little Floyd, so I felt obliged to adopt my little Minstrel when the pairings Scoot and Scrabble and?of Zebra and Soturi proved not to be working out. I now have almost as many boys as girls, unheard-of here.

The adoption of new piggies can never soothe the pain of losing old friends. But as you say, the survivors need us, and we just have to comfort ourselves in the knowledge that we gave them the best lives we could, and certainly longer ones than they'd have had if we hadn't found them.

Please find some shred of comfort in wishes sent across the Channel

from Debbie and the 11 Dolly Mixtures

: Thu, 7 Aug 2008 13:36:16 +0100