[Gpdd] [MISC] My Abby is getting fluffy, fat and lonely.

Donna lsdmg at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 28 08:00:30 EDT 2008

Hi all,

I read every day but don’t get much time to post. If you don’t remember me I
have a 4 ½ year old Abby called Abby! She did have a friend but she died
around 6 months ago unexpectedly. The one thing I have noticed over the last
couple of months is Abby all of a sudden has gone very fluffy. It’s hard to
explain really. She seems to be more bouffant these days. I don’t know why.
She has put on weight though in recent months after she got a new cage which
allows her to go and chomp grass whenever she wants. Trouble is she is there
all the time eating the stuff – cheeky thing. We practically have no lawn
left! I am looking into getting her a new friend because she seems lonely
despite me playing with her every day, I was playing her guinea pig sounds
on youtube last night and she was chattering away about something or other.
I saw today on our local free ads website that there is a guinea pig for
sale who is not wanted by the owner anymore so I’ve made some enquiries.
Otherwise I guess I will find a local re-homing place to see if they have a
friend suitable for Abby. If anyone could share their experiences about
pairing an older guinea pig with a new friend, I’d love to hear from you J

Take care all

Donna and Abby.