[Gpdd] ANNOUNCE: Critter Corral Popcorn Parade - Chicago

rsilhan at tampabay.rr.com rsilhan at tampabay.rr.com
Sat Aug 30 19:25:07 EDT 2008

The Critter Corral 9th Annual Popcorn Parade will be held on Saturday, September 6, 2008 at Bemis Woods in Western Springs, IL. This 5K walk will raise funds for the medical expenses of piggies in the rescue. If you are in the Chicago area, and would like to participate, pledge sheets are available by contacting Rose at zoo357 at crittercorral.org.  Volunteer “Uncle” Ira has graciously agreed to walk on behalf of those unable to attend. If you would like to sponsor Ira, please contact Rose.
Next April, the Critter Corral will be celebrating 10 years of finding new forever homes for homeless piggies.   Up to the present, approximately 2100 guinea pig have been served by the rescue. As with many organizations, the economic climate is proving to be a significant challenge. Please visit our website, www.crittercorral.org, for other ways that you can help support the work of the rescue. Of course, if you are local to Chicago and would like to expand your guinea pig family, our adoption list is available at www.petfinder.com, zip 60475.
Many Thanks,
Volunteer, Roxanne Silhan