[Gpdd] Silly

Jim and Margaret Lynn jimmarg.lynn at att.net
Thu Dec 4 10:00:41 EST 2008

Hi Kathy S

Thanks for the nice welcome back to the GPDD!  I keep looking for some of the old names that are familiar so I was glad to see your name, Dawnda's and Leah.

Regarding the piggie that ran towards to woods...that was Koko whom I had just adopted  and I thought (dahhhh......) that it would be nice for him to sit out on the lawn and nibble some grass which he did for about 15 seconds.  He then headed for the woods with me hot on his heals......both of us were too fat to run very fast but I did catch him and probably came close to having a heart attack!!  After that, Koko was confined to a cage whenever he was outdoors.

And yes, Speedy is the one who attempted to amputate my right thumb one day.  I was cleaning off some white scum on the end of his penis and I guess that was just too humiliating for him and he let me know his displeasure in no uncertain terms.  He just danged from the end of my thumb with blood running down his face until he finailly let go.

I think I could write a book on some of the episodes I have had with piggers.  The latest one is that one day my son's dog came for the day (Golden Retriever)  My dogs have always ignored the guinea pigs so I didn't even think there would be a problem.  Suddenly I saw that my guest dog had Olivia in his mouth and gently carrying her around the house in his mouth!  Thanks godness that Golden Retrievers have a very soft mouth.  That was the second time I almost had a heart attack.  Olivia was fine but I was a disaster.

Things have been quiet around here lately......just the way I like it.

Jim..........and Olivia