[Gpdd] [HEALTH] Successful removal of urethral stone

warmbreath warmbreath at comcast.net
Fri Dec 5 18:31:36 EST 2008

Can you tell me how the stone was removed, did they open the bladder or some
area above the stone and retrieve it, close the incision on the bladder etc
or did they go in up the urethra where it outlets the urine and go up the
urethra till they got to the stone, latched on, and pulled it all the way
out. I have heard there has been some ground breaking surgery using the last
method, Sounds tricky esp for such a large stone. You might ask the vet if
he has heard of that surgical method in small species like buns and guinea
pigs
thanks Sandy