[Gpdd] HEALTH: Can guinea pigs hiccup?

GARY HESS joanhess4 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Dec 6 20:56:58 EST 2008

I was relaxing with the Hershmeister(ess) when she started having violent abdominal contractions. It looked like a cat coughing up a hairball, but there was no detectable sound or sputum. I don't think piggies can vomit. Can they? I started gently petting her, and the spasms quickly subsided. Could it have been a stroke? I'd be extremely concerned if she hadn't behaved normally ever since she stopped. Any ideas? She'd been enjoying yummy grass blades earlier. Maybe something caught in her throat? Has anyone else seen this weird phenomenon?
Joanie