[Gpdd] Care: How do I keep from getting peed on??? :)

Algernon07 at aol.com Algernon07 at aol.com
Mon Dec 8 03:25:41 EST 2008

Dear Damp Joanie,
     I sit on the couch with my piggies -- maybe a recliner would be good.
Beside me I keep a Chux type protective pad to protect the sofa. Then I snuggles
with my piggy, Captain Jack. Of course, if he he seems really wiggly snuggly,
I sometimes let him go and he goes straight to the pad. It covers an entire
sofa cushiong when its folded in half and would cover 2 cushions unfolded and
put lengthwise. I stay dry.

Barnacle Bill is younger and generally tries to make a break for it, but he's
such a wiggly curious little boy that I'm never sure when he truly needs to
potty, but he's actually only wet on me two or three times. I do generally keep
a receiving blanket over my lap but that is more to keep them on a more
stable surface than just my lap. Truth be told though, I feel a little insecure
without it tho it certainly would not keep urine from soaking thru.

     Someone mentioned somewhere else that their piggy had this quirky habit
of backing up 2 or 3 steps before pottying. That's not an individual quirk but
more of a common characteristic. Be careful that you read the signals right.

Good luck!
Alge and the Jolly Rodent Caribbean Piggy Pirate Crew