[Gpdd] MISC Condolences for Pork Chop

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Wed Dec 10 17:22:39 EST 2008

Grace,

How sad to read that Pork Chop has gone to join Oreo at the Bridge. She had a good life, full of love and I know how much you will miss her.

You have done well with your wild piggies to get them to take food from your hand and if they will let you pet them a little now, they could well improve with time. When untamed piggies arrive here at Piggyfriends, I sit in their pen with food on my lap and encourage them to come to me for a cucumber slice or carrot chunk. Some of them turn around quite quickly when they realise that I am the source of the food but this won't work with a caged piggy!! Do you have a playpen for these three? If so, you could try doing this too. Just be patient and maybe a miracle will happen. In case anyone imagines me sitting in a pile of poos, I do this when I have just cleaned out the pen!

Sometimes new ones are manic when I am trying to catch them but once I have hold of them, they often settle quietly in my hands and soon get used to it. Of course, there are always one or two that want to remain a bit wild but I love them all. I hope that you manage to tame at least one of them. You need a piggy to cuddle after losing both Oreo and Pork Chop.

We all send our deepest sympathy on your loss and hugs to the wild piggies ( once you have managed to catch them.)

Penny and the Piggyfriends.