[Gpdd] Care: Shedding Piggy

Maren Fouts magbfouts at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 12:14:43 EST 2008

Katie,

My sow sheds a lot too.  I'm not sure why.  I've never had another pig shed
so much.  They all have lost hair from time to time but when we pet her she
leaves SO much hair behind!  Sometimes hairloss can be a sign of mites.  Is
Lizzy scratching a lot?  If you haven't had Lizzy in for an annual check in
the last year, I would suggest you go to a qualified exotics vet to have her
checked out and ask your question about shedding.  It could be she just
sheds, but please remember it could mean something that needs medical
attention.

Piggy Kisses,
Maren, Charlie, and Kaylee