[Gpdd] [MISC.] We're still here...just not very vocal lately.

Sherry B. cavyfriend at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 19:44:47 EST 2008

Hello to our friends @ GPDD,

It's been a while since we've managed a post, but we are still alive and
kicking here in SC; still reading our digests, though we are sadly very far
from being caught up. We still enjoy the fun stories and great advice, and
still grieve when a piggie is lost. In May, we said goodbye to the last of
our 2001 Piggie Pals. Our sweet Fluffy passed away quietly at nearly 7 years
of age. He is the piggie who has thus far lived the longest, though we have
had several live to be over 6 years of age. He was never ill but once in his
life, and was standing up on his hind legs, begging for his daily
treats until a few days before he died. I had hoped that he would be one of
those piggies who live to 8 or 9 years of age, but this was not to be. I am
so thankful for the precious memories that I have of that first group of
piggies from 2001. I never realized before getting to know them just how
loving and entertaining guinea pigs could be. And just how attached you can
become to them. Having them as part of our family was, and is, a gift that I
will always cherish.

We now have 14 Piggie Pals in our family, some of which are related to our
original 6 from 2001. I need to update our photo album at
picturetrail.comwith the latest photos.

To all who have lost a dear piggie friend recently, we extend our sincerest
sympathy.

We hope that everyone and everypig had a blessed Thanksgiving, and that the
coming holidays will be filled with joy for all.

Love,
Sherry & the Piggie Pals